ActionScript 3 Tutorial ActionScript 3 Tutorial

Not a very good tutorial

I am an amature game developer (check out my game if you don't believe me :P) who works with actionscipt 2.0. As of now I'm learning how to use actionscript 3.0 using a book. In your tutorial you just give out some code snippets, what you should do is show us what every single line means, what we can replace to adapt the code, when we have to use what. For example, when do you use :void, and when not.

This might be good for research and people making simple games or who need a bit of actionscript for their movies, but this isn't a good start to making an actionscript 3 game

Youtube Media Player Youtube Media Player

Dude, STOP CALLING PEOPLE PRICKS, DAMNIT

Sure it works, but the way your explaining it, doesn't work. It's not the URL of the youtube vid, it's the EXACT LOCATION OF THE FLV. Getting this location is just friggin hard for most vids. Furthermore... did you steal this from http://www.bezzmedia dot com/swfspot/samples/flash8/FLV_Player ? Unless your name is John Bezanis, you did.

dan0v responds:

did i fuck i made it on flash like 2 weeks ago!

Mario-Combat Mario-Combat

Dude, that is one CRAPPY bug

The last level fire-bug (the one where bowser shoots out hundreds of flames) is anoying like crap, I had 400 points, lost them in an instant because of this stupid bug. I think there is an exception in your actionscript in which there is divided with 0, resulting in an outcome of infinite. (the actionscript referring to how much time there is between each blast). Anyhow, it only appears to occur when bowser jumps and breaths at the same time, this might help in finding your bug.

Regarding the rest of your game, AWESOME DUDE! It was like being in one of those countless epic mario fighting sprite movies... sweeet :D

Comic-Con 2008 Poster Comic-Con 2008 Poster

sweet poster but...

Damn sweet poster, but this flash is kind of useless imo. :(

Pico 1.5 Demo Pico 1.5 Demo

nice

really good game ,it combines the gameplay of pico's school1 and the graphics of 2.only one thing why i din't give u a 10,pico is a good kid and does'nt shout at teachers exept if they want to kill u without reason hehe.if u don't believe me see pico's school 1 in the beginning :)

Madness tutorial Madness tutorial

good vary good

jo shotoguntiger you can do it with a movie clip because you can make an animation into a movieclip
i am just 13 and even i know that (oke i know much about flash because i started flash at 11) by the way vary nice tut make one for a fighting game too plees i need that vary hard maybe i am goeing to make a streetfighter like game ... MAYBE if somebody makes a tut about it :)

Ultimate Robotnik Duels Ultimate Robotnik Duels

i n c r e d i b le

that was the most original game i have ever saw if i could i would give u 11 no w8 12 no not enough wat about one bilion or
infinity or ...

Digimaks responds:

HAHA- thanks, 11!! There, now, now now, take it easy! :)

thanks!

Double pong Double pong

ok

in the next version make the folowing things for game improvement
-a classic mode
-cheats like super collors and future mode(realy cool graphics)
-no shit if u lose
-chose from mouse and key movement
then it would be awsome

psychodad responds:

u can already choose mouse/key

Alien Hominid Alien Hominid

woot$

this is nice i want to buy the console version but i cant find it
i live in belgium and maybe u cant by it here
anyway is there a nintendo ds version ,i would love that

Micro-organism sim. Micro-organism sim.

o now

this was so...unbelieveble goood
how do u do it i love every single game of u it is yust great
psst your overall i gave u here maybe 0